Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Self-assessment

I was at a tax course on Monday morning - self-assessment for the self-employed. I should have realised that because I have been filling out tax returns for 3 or 4 years now the course was probably going to be a bit basic. Well, the course was actually not too bad but the other people on it! Oh my God!!!!!! How scary were they? The course leader would say "the deadline for tax payments is the 31st January" and the next question from the floor would be "so when do we have to pay our tax by?" It was unbelievable!
Then I met a friend for lunch, which was nice.
On Tuesday I went and helped a friend with some work.
Today I'm waiting in for a delivery of my new bathroom suite so I'm going to get productive since I'm stuck in the house all day (potentially). First and foremost the dreaded tax reurns actually need filling out so I better get on with the accounts!

No comments: