Friday, January 25, 2008

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley


Here is a random photo of harmony in our house, enjoy!


Happy Burns Day to You All!

Well yesterday was a complete wash-out as far as accounting was concerned!
I got some done but I've still got lots leftover to do today and although it's only been a day I can really feel that deadline fast approaching and the nightmare scenario of HMRC website lockdown when I'm trying to submit looming large! Curses, what a fool I am!
However, on a brighter note I did get my kitchen worktops cut yesterday. One of our friends phoned in the morning to say he might be round later, so I asked him to bring his circular saw and, bless him, he did oblige. So they need to have the ends glued onto them and screwed into place, and there's one small stretch of kickboard to fit, and OH's uncle coming tomorrow to wire in the chimney hood. Then that side of the kitchen will be complete! Wowee, that took a while!
The we need to start on the other side. Which really shouldn't take as long. I hope.
Suppose I better sign off now and get back to the figures.

No comments: