Thursday, January 24, 2008

Self-assessment 2!

Oh yeah and look what I remembered to download yesterday... cool...
Dagnammit! When will I learn? Doing year old accounts so that I can fill out my tax return doesn't help anyone except the taxman!

I think though that another steady day at it should see me filing my returns tomorrow, or maybe in the middle of the night to avoid overload on the website! I have to wait in for a delivery of my new chimney hood for my new cooker today anyway. Even if it comes early (like the bath suite did yesterday!) the only other thing I have to do today is take the dogs for a walk. So it's sums, sums, sums all the way from here for me! Ah joy!

The cooker and hood are getting wired in on Saturday morning, then the only thing that needs doing (on that side of the kitchen) is the worktop! Don't know who we're going to ask to do that though. Sneakily we are planning to go to the pub on Friday afternoon to 'bump into' a neighbour of ours, who is a plumber, to see if he wants the job of fitting the new bath suite. It all seems to be coming together now, after such a long time.

Once the tax is done, I've got to organise a new mortgage, and swap gas and electric provider - or at least check I'm still with the competitive ones. That'll be a trip to Martyn Lewis' website.




No comments: