Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Excited but a little bit nervous...

I am meeting an old friend for the first time in about 15 years tonight. It's going to be weird I think. But I am certainly looking forward to it.

On a jewellery note, I made a couple of nice (well, I like them) necklaces last night. They are a similar style but different colours and slightly different beads. It seemed like it had been ages since I was creative at all and though it was difficult to start, I enjoyed it once I got going. The only problem being that now my living room is covered in boxes of beads!
I am always interested in the different ways people come up with finished pieces. Some people seem to see the end objective in their minds eye, and some make it up as they go along. I think I fall somewhere inbetween. I usually start with a bead or pendant that I have a desire to use. Then I'll think about the various ways of utilising it in a design. Next I'll try out a few things to see what beads and/or colours will work best. Then I make it up in a temporary way, check that i still like it and that the length is right, etc, etc. Then I spend ages choosing a clasp, and eventually I finish it. Then starts the pricing deliberations... But that's for another day.

If you're interested I'll be at the Blairgowrie 3 day craft event in the Town Hall on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd November. And also at Forbes of Kingennie Craft Fair on 3rd and 4th November, which will culminate with a Fireworks display. (Grrr - I'm not a fan because of the stress it causes all my animals, but if you like that kind of thing then pop along).
Cheery-bye

No comments: